Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SCORE: NOTHINGNESS 1 AGGIE 0

My newest challenge is that all is relatively quiet on the western front. Nothing much is happening these days, nothing on the go, no action, none at all actually. So I go through my trusty daily routines; exercising, meditating, walking in the park, eating, cleaning, cooking, talking to clients, writing, reading, seeing my fiancee, occasionally talking to or seeing friends & family. No major disasters to report, silently working through my issues on a vibrational level (sometimes there's nothing else to be done i guess). Faced with many moments of boredom during this relatively peaceful time, I notice how my anxiety rises in waves, hoping for some drama, something to keep the show exciting. Nothing comes, and I am forced to realize how hard it is to be in this place that I have so often hoped and prayed for. Quiet time has it's very own cross to bear it seems. Not as easy as I thought it would be, not as much sipping on pina coladas as I had envisioned. Being in the nothing is a brilliant challenge for all of us. Of course there are always things to work on, but when it's about letting go-it's about letting go, not circling again and again and prodding with the same stick. Watching the fire burn out on patterns and issues that no longer serve us seems even harder than when we were unconsciously participating in those troubles. To not create problems when there are none is a lot harder than solving ones you already have. At least you've already met the ones you have. 

1 comment:

brizadventures said...

Can I just say Amen to this post! Amen! Seriously, you have perfectly articulated how I have been feeling recently too. Its helpful to read you thoughts on what's going on and how to deal with it. My anxiety rises in waves hoping for some drama to keep things exciting too! So well put! Yeah, quiet time is really hard in its own way. I am still struggling with not circling again and again and trying to let go...to not create problems where there are none. I feel like you wrote this post especially for me...except I know you're describing your own feelings. Thanks so much for this reflection. Can somebody please bring me a pina colada?
xoxo
Lis